10 Benefits of Having a Medical Alert System Installed at Home
February 22, 2015
Medical Alert systems are communication devices specifically suited for emergency situations. These devices have the ability to call for assistance with a simple action, such as a press of a button. Medical alert systems benefit those who are prone to emergency situations and may be incapable of reaching for help themselves. They act as vital life saving tools that can assist individuals who exhibit weak health or physical conditions. These security devices can provide individuals and families with plentiful rewarding benefits.
Top 10 Medical Alert Benefits
- 24/7 monitoring - Medical alert systems offer care available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Emergency situations are unexpected, therefore, having the reliability of 24/7 monitoring can instill the ultimate gratification of security to those in need.
- Immediate emergency assistance - Emergency alert systems are valuable because they provide professional urgent care in minutes. They also have the ability to alert family, friends, or neighbors in the event of an emergency situation.
- Convenient communication - Many times, medical alert systems provide an array of communication devices for individuals to choose. The device consists of a base and lightweight portable pendant. The individual wears the pendant that is usually the shape of a necklace or wristband. A press of the call button, located on the pendent, alerts the call center summoning urgent help. The pendant range can vary depending on providers but usually provides coverage up to 1,000 feet, ensuring security in every room of the home. This simple form of fast communication is a convenient asset for emergency situations.
- Additional valuable features - Medical alert systems can provide more than just emergency monitoring. Many plans include additional services such as medication and appointment reminders, check-ins, wake up calls, and carbon monoxide detectors. Some plans even offer flood and freeze detection for when the inhabitant is not home.
- Multiple service plans - Medical alert systems offer customers the convenience of no long term contracts. Instead, they provide customers the option of quarterly, monthly, or annual plans.
- Affordability - The average annual cost of a nursing home is $40,000. Depending on the opulence status of the nursing home, rates could sky rocket even higher. The annual average cost of a medical alert system is $360. Compared to thousands of dollars spent on a nursing home facility, it is evident to recognize how a medical alert system can significantly benefit someone financially.
- Multiple connectivity options - Medical alert systems offer customers multiple ways to connect their devices. Common forms of connections include landline, VoIP, and cellular systems.
- Independence - Todays elderly community prefers to stay home rather than be admitted into a nursing home. With a medical alert system, seniors can obtain the freedom and Independence they desire in the comfort of their home while remaining under the careful watch of a care specialist.
- Reliable equipment - Most medical alert systems offer lifetime warranties on their products. Also, in the case of power outages, medical alert systems usually come with battery back up charges. The amount of battery coverage is dependent on the specific provider.
- Peace of mind for everyone - Medical alert systems ultimately provide peace of mind for seniors and their families. Elderly individuals can continue to live their lives at home with the security of emergency alert systems. Families can obtain reassurance, knowing that their loved ones are in the caring hands of 24/7 professional monitoring.
My Personal Response has established the recognition of being America's most reliable medical alert systems
provider. The emergency alert systems
by My Personal Response offer first class customer service with state-of-the-art monitoring. My Personal Response providers ensure security and reassurance for elderly loved ones and their families by offering the best care option at an affordable price.